PREPARING FOR THE CELEBRATION OF BAPTISM
Dear Parents and Godparents:
Thank you for coming forward to inquire about having your child Baptized into the Catholic Faith. We are especially grateful that you have done so here at Saint Patrick’s Parish.
In order to facilitate a well-rounded preparation for this Sacrament, we are asking Parents and Godparents to go through the following process:
- Meet with the Priest after Mass on Sunday. At this meeting, the Priest will present you with a Baptism Information Package, as well as fill out the initial registration form for Baptism.
- Read through the Baptism Information Package. Parents and godparents are expected to have knowledge of the information presented there.
- Watch the "Reborn" preparatory videos for Baptism available on Formed©.
- Have a second meeting with the Priest. Your understanding of the Information Package and the videos will be assessed by the Priest. At the end of this meeting, the Priest will assign you a date for an in-person session with other families preparing for Baptism.
- Attend the in-person session for families. These are usually held on the second Saturday of every month. At the conclusion of this session, the Priest will discuss the date of the celebration.