The Catholic Women's League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
The Goals of the League are...
- To achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
- To promote the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- To exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life.
- To protect the sanctity of human life.
- To enhance of the role of women in church and society.
- To recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
- To uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world.
- To contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
The Purpose of the Toronto Diocesan Council
- To implement The Catholic Women's League objectives and policy in the Toronto Archdiocese
- To represent The Catholic Women's League members of the Toronto Diocesan Council at the provincial level
- To coordinate the parish and regional councils across the archdiocese
- To be a link between the regions/parishes in the archdiocese and the Ontario Provincial council for reporting, or resolutions and for those matters requiring an instructed vote at the provincial convention
- To disseminate information and direction from the provincial council to the regional and parish councils in the archdiocese
- To provide direction, inspiration and encouragement to The Catholic Women's League members across the archdiocese